I am looking for a pop song that I saw many years ago, maybe 15-20 years ago. I want to get video of the song because I want people to listen to it and look at it and to tell me whether the language the song is written in!
I saw this song a long time ago, and even recorded it on my VHS tape at the time, but then lost it and have never been able to find it. The song is a mystery to me. Let me explain:
The language I heard sounded to be 100% like Afrikaans and I could understand EVERY WORD CLEARLY … but neither the pop group, nor the setting, nor anything else about the pop song seemed to be SOUTH AFRICAN! But it sounded 100% Afrikaans. I later concluded that maybe it was Flemish.
All I can remember of the song is the video and this is all I can tell you:-
1. The setting of the song was a sort of cowboy/ranch setup.
2. The main singer was a (blonde?) girl, who had cowboy boots on.
3. She had a very dark brown skirt.
4. The song was a very lively, energetic one.
5. The words were 100% understandable to me, making me think it was Afrikaans – but EVERYTHING ELSE was NOT SOUTH AFRICAN. I thus ended up concluding that this might have been Belgian, but I’m not sure.
If anyone has seen a video matching this description, then merely put a link in the Disqus comments below and I will look at it. The moment I see it I’ll recognise it. I’ve been looking for it for years and would like to check with Dutch friends whether this is in fact from the Netherlands/Belgium. I want to see if its really Flemish.